Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Progress on the dresser!!

This weekend I was able to work on the first of the 2 dressers!
They are going to be so stinkin' cute you won't be able to stand it!!

I forgot to take the official before photo, but here's what I can give you:

IMG_6472
IMG_6475

So I got everything sanded down and the first coat of paint on.

IMG_6479
IMG_6480

I was able to get 2 coats on all the main parts but for some reason, I'm not looking forward to painting these little baubles.

IMG_6485

I believe I would be tempted to keep this white if I didn't know what was coming next. But this blue is much too amazing not to get excited about!!!!

IMG_6490_1


It's going to be freakin' AWESOME!!!

If I hadn't just bought new dressers and painted my bedroom walls green, I might be tempted to just steal the dressers back for myself!!!


xoxo—Lori

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, that color is so yummy! What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are much more dedicated then I! I have a desk for Emma sitting in my garage,,,,going on 3 years now. Maybe I should get to it for her.
    Are you going to distress the dresser?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color. . .to be honest, not sure. My Mother-in-law is a kitchen designer who has this amazing box of every Sherwin Williams paint swatch that I then took to Home Depot to color match. I'll have to see if I can find it.

    And yes, phase 3 will be more sanding then on to antique glazing and a poly. finish. (and then I get to start all over for the second dresser!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spray paint those crazy cool knobs. Then I can come and steal that AWESOME dresser!!! My fave. color. ever.
    Love, love, love your blog. So glad to find it. Now I want some salsa. And a garden to pick said salsa from.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you've stopped by this blog & I LOVE hearing your feedback and questions — however, as this blog is no longer active I may not see it!! But no worries! I've moved all content from this blog to my new website and would appreciate it if you visited me over there: Lori Danelle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails