Wednesday, August 18, 2010

When did she get so big?

I know, there seems to be a common theme coming from me the last few days.

My girls are getting older and I'm just not sure I'm ready!!


Big started wearing a uniform to school on Monday.
At the girls' school, the kids 2 & under wear whatever their parents feel like putting them in that day, but the "Big Kid" 3 year-old and up wear a uniform. She was so excited when we were making our purchases, but when it came down to it, she was not so pleased.

Lots of crying.
One very frustrated Mom.

(I'm really not sure of my true opinion on uniforms. I don't think they're bad or anything, but I am a creative soul and have tried most of my life NOT to look like everyone else, after all!! Individuality and all that, you know?)

However, finally, we were dressed and in the car.

The first person we saw when we pulled into the daycare parking lot was another little girl from Big's class fully decked out in her new uniform as well.

Big started BEAMING. She popped right out of the car, ran up to her friend and they sort of showed each other their new Big Kid clothes.
When we got to her classroom, she very independently and marched over to the carpet where the rest of the kids were gathered, found her letter to sit on and plopped herself down with the most pleased look on her face.
SHE was a Big Kid.



I almost started crying. In fact, I'm tearing up right now!!
She was SO PROUD of herself. And I was proud of her too.


I love watching the little people that my girls are becoming, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to miss the little girls that they are right now.

xoxo Lori Danelle

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lori! I know how you feel! We're going to make it through somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( love this post. When the eldest was five I prepared to go back to work full time. When I knew the last day was coming that I would get to pick him up straight after school when the bell rang, and see him rush out of the building - his little face lighting up when he saw my face, I cried. Because I thought I would never have that again. But I did.

    She looks lovely in her uniform :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you've stopped by this blog & I LOVE hearing your feedback and questions — however, as this blog is no longer active I may not see it!! But no worries! I've moved all content from this blog to my new website and would appreciate it if you visited me over there: Lori Danelle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails