Wednesday, July 15, 2009

4th of July & Fireworks

Since our vacation coincided with the 4th of July, I just couldn't resist making the girls matching dresses to celebrate the festivities. Plus what's cuter than 2 little girls dressed alike?

DSC03060

3 little girls dressed alike.

DSC03058 copy
DSC03061 copy

We went to the house of one of my Aunt & Uncle's friend for a BIG barbecue where we had so much to eat, the girls played with bubbles and ate popsicles. Then we all loaded up onto our host's pontoon boat and made our way to where they were going to shoot off fireworks.

DSC03066
DSC03073
DSC03081
DSC03083

My Mom had brought along these crazy glasses that made any light have rainbow chasers. Pretty cool, but I preferred my fireworks the old fashion way.

Growing up, we often spent our July 4th at the lake and no matter how small, you could always find a fireworks display over the water. In my opinion, that is the BEST way to see them, so I was so happy to be able to share that with my own little girl.

Afterwards, we headed home, got the little ones in bed and then set off our own show. My favorite was the mini hot air balloons.

DSC03094
DSC03097

They would fill up with hot air and then simply float away. The package said that if you tethered them down they would last for 5 hours ( I think), so if you let them go, they would last as long, but they travel. . .

We just watched them until they were completely out of site. So pretty.

My parents later said they saw one of the lanterns on the ground days later and miles away when they left on their motorcycle.
One of ours?
I like to think so.

xoxo—Lori

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Those little girls look like triplets! So cute! I love the matching outfits!!! My mom use to do that to us and I hated it, but I think I can see why she did it...have to admit if I ever do have another girl, I will probably do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog :) Looks like you had a great time over the 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you've stopped by this blog & I LOVE hearing your feedback and questions — however, as this blog is no longer active I may not see it!! But no worries! I've moved all content from this blog to my new website and would appreciate it if you visited me over there: Lori Danelle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails