Monday, May 3, 2010

Lakefront property

So this weekend. . .
Well, to say we got rain is a bit of an understatement.

Prior to actually sitting down to write this post, I was going to make jokes about how we have become the proud owners of lakefront property over the weekend, because in fact, we did get quite wet.

IMG_9214
notice the GUSHING water across the street

IMG_9219
Our new smaller lake.

IMG_9222
Our larger lake. And this wasn't the worst it got.

However, I have now made contact with the rest of the world and have realized how bad the storms this weekend REALLY were. Nashville, in general, is flooded.

This morning, my 15 minute drive to work took me about an hour because the major 6 lane road that I drive down was closed. Water was all the way across the entire thing for quite a distance. On the road I was diverted down, I started laughing at one point, not because the situation was funny, but because I was so oblivious to how bad it was. I had looked to my left, and seen what appeared to be a very large lake with roofs sticking up out of the water. At one place there was a classic big red barn with water all the way up to the second story hay window. It was mad. I passed a school with 4 or 5 buses from an area hotel that hosts numerous conferences parked out front and hundreds of people just milling around–apparently having been evacuated.

I've seen pictures of downtown, and it is underwater. It's pretty crazy. I live about 5 miles from the riverfront area shown in those pictures.
You can see more of the area beyond downtown here.

So, while I wanted to make jokes, I really can't. We're safe, nothing is ruined that matters. In short, we're lucky. However, too many others aren't so lucky. So please keep Nashville in your prayers this week. We have sun until Friday, so hopefully that will give us time to get it all sorted!

Hope you're staying dry this week!!

xoxo—Lori





It's really quite bad here.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!you actually live really close to those areas. how scary... be safe!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you've stopped by this blog & I LOVE hearing your feedback and questions — however, as this blog is no longer active I may not see it!! But no worries! I've moved all content from this blog to my new website and would appreciate it if you visited me over there: Lori Danelle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails