Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bubble Birthday Party



Last month was Charlie's 2nd Birthday. I swear, I started planning at least 2 months prior! I went with a bubble theme, so bubbles and circles showed up all over the place:






Charlie in her birthday dress that I embellished just for her special day.


I must say, I pretty proud of the cake—even though we wore Charlie out so bad that by the time we were ready to cut the cake, she didn't even want to blow out her candles!!!! Instead, she went upstairs and took a very long nap. (We saved her cake and she had it the next morning, complete with candles and another round of "Happy Birthday.")



I stressed out quite a bit a few hours before when balloons started randomly popping all over the place, but Charlie had so much fun playing with all her cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents that I found it to be well worth all the effort. Besides, who am I kidding? I couldn't repress my crazy party planning madness even if I wanted to!!! (I started thinking about Peyton's 1st birthday party about 2 seconds after the last guest left from Charlie's party. . .)

5 comments:

  1. hey i know that lady in the last shot!
    :)
    is this the charlie i made the hoodie for? i love ther dress. love her cake! love her invite. love the bubbles.
    absolutely adorable!
    your blog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lori, love your blog! So glad you have one! I'm adding you to my google reader so I'll know whenever you update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, unfortunately no, I don't believe this is the same Charlie. If she is, then I don't know about it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well...it was the mama i talked to about the hoodie so it must not be you.
    i love that name.
    so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I ask how you did the cake? How did you get the colors in the inside?

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you've stopped by this blog & I LOVE hearing your feedback and questions — however, as this blog is no longer active I may not see it!! But no worries! I've moved all content from this blog to my new website and would appreciate it if you visited me over there: Lori Danelle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails