Wednesday, September 29, 2010

{Tips & Tricks} Get your pots & pans shiny again

I am in full wedding mode here in Kansas!! My brother is getting married in 2 days and there is a lot yet to be done!! However, as I see wedding presents accumulating around here, I thought I'd share my husband's (no, I can't take credit for this one) incredibly wonderful trick for getting those lovely pots & pans we got for our wedding back to their original, right-out-of-the-box luster.

To start, fill up your tea kettle and get that water boiling

CRW_1570

Meanwhile, begin filling your sink with very hot water. Add some soap & a scoop of OxyClean (Shhh! this is the secret ingredient!!!)

 CRW_1572

Once your water is boiling, add it to the water in the sink

CRW_1574

Add your dirty pots & pans, soak over night and in the morning, they'll be good as new!

CRW_1579

Happy Cleaning!

xoxo Lori Danelle

4 comments:

  1. ooo shiny :-) I find that baking soda is my secret ingredient (and eco friendly) to clean nearly everything from stoves to ovens to pots n pans and getting coffee stains out of cups :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great advice!!
    Stop by my blog (if you haven't yet) and enter the giveaway to win a Nina Designs print!
    http://designsbynina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my very first time visiting your blog and I LOVE it!! Thanks for the wonderful cleaning tip! I scrub and scrub and my stuff just looks so dull - I'm going to give this a shot soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I will be trying this tonight. We have a pot rack for all the world to see, and my pots lost their out of box luster decades ago. I have great expectations... I even have a box of Oxyclean on hand. So glad I stopped by!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you've stopped by this blog & I LOVE hearing your feedback and questions — however, as this blog is no longer active I may not see it!! But no worries! I've moved all content from this blog to my new website and would appreciate it if you visited me over there: Lori Danelle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails